tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Patterson <>
Subject Re: JasperException: The value for the useBean class ___ attribute is invalid
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:36:17 GMT
Dear Konstantin, thanks for asking, I will try to answer your questions

My experience level is relative, idea is to spend less time sharing your
I have installed Tomcat servers for many years mostly on Unix/Linux,
and allready have a CentOS 5.6 with Tomcat 6.x (default) on  a local server.

I could deploy my "Dynamic Web Application" (eclipse language) named
Test-03 from a
WAR format and it worked for both cases. _So it should not be the "code"._
Of course it is not a Web App, its only a Test.

Differences are:
Local host has Tomcat 6.x, VPS server has Tomcat 5.3.35
Local host has Java 1.6.0_22 / OpenJDK 64-Bit, VPS server has Java
1.6.0_29 / Java Hotspot 64-Bit

I checked following files having basically the same default configuration:
server.xml, web.xml, context.xml

When deployed on the /local server/ using the Tomcat Manager
I see the following directories:

Under ROOT is working the Test with URLs:

Also work fine under Test-03

The class files are respectively under ROOT/WEB-INF/classes and
I just copied all content undet Test-03 to the ROOT folder and reloaded
(using the Manager)

The same excersise on the VPS running CPanel for a domain like
does only work for
When trying it only works until trying,
then i get the error 500: JasperException: The value for the useBean
class ___ attribute is invalid

Log file shows no more details about the issue.

As "main directory" I mean the docBase referenced in the server.xml file.
I have read the Servlet Specificacion (2.4) and did several changes to the
configuration files with no success.

Does someone here have any idea where to check some configuration ?