tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Patterson <>
Subject Re: JasperException: The value for the useBean class ___ attribute is invalid
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:02:57 GMT
More on this, now I think it is some configuration issue for the tomcat

I am using eclipse to check both JSP files, and they work without any
in my PC. When deploying to Tomcat 5.5.35 to a sub-directory like de
project name
they also work fine. For example at and

If I copy them to the main directory with a shell command:
cp -pr * .. from the Test1 directory and undeploy the Test1 application
then only works and but the second one, gives me the same (500) error:

/prg2.jsp(26,0) The value for the useBean class attribute jdbcbean.Stringbean is invalid.

Is this like a BUG ? Or perhaps something about the Java version ?
I have the following version running on a CentOS release 5.8:
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode)

Hope this info help a little more to find a solution.

El 17/04/2012 11:29 a.m., Chris Patterson escribió:
> Hello, pls help with the following issue:
> My JSP calls a Java Bean
> and works OK for both versions, Tomcat 5.5 and Tomcat 7.1
> My problem is when I move that same JSP to a sub-directory,
> then I get the 500 error:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /StrBean.jsp(26,0) The value for
> the useBean class attribute
> jdbcbean.StringBean is invalid.
> I think it could be solved changing the server.xml configuration
> described below (?)
> <Host name="" appBase="/home/serverhome/public_html">
> <Alias></Alias>
> <Context path="" reloadable="true"
> docBase="/home/serverhome/public_html" debug="1"/>
> </Host>
> Any ideas about where to fix the problem ?
> Wilhelm Colln

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message