tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ron.vandenbranden@home" <ron.vandenbran...@kantl.be>
Subject Re: adding a global URI prefix for Tomcat web apps
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 20:37:10 GMT
Hi Konstantin,

Many thanks for your excellent suggestion. Sorry, I forgot to mention
that I'm running Tomcat-7.0.27, so that should work.

On 17/04/2012 17:27, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> I would not comment on the Apache HTTP server configuration. Just on
> the quoted part above. You have not told us what Tomcat version you
> are using, but in current Tomcat 6 and 7 you can add "apps#" prefix to
> the subdirectory and war file names in webapps directory and it will
> add "apps/" to their URL, e.g.:
>
>   mv  webapps/my_app  webapps/apps#my_app
>
> A war file name would be "apps#my_app.war" See "Context" page in
> "Configuration Reference Guide" for more details.

Nice! In my tests this works for some web apps, but apparently, some
(using cocoon-2.1.11) have problems. Any request for
cococoon-2.1.11-based web apps return errors about files that are not
found. For example, suppose my app is located at
F:\tomcat\webapps\apps#my_app, requests for
http://localhost:8080/apps/my_app/ return errors such as:

     Message: F:\tomcat\webapps\stylesheets\system\exception2html.xslt (The system cannot
find the path specified)
for file:///F:/tomcat/webapps/stylesheets/system/exception2html.xslt at<map:serialize>
 - file:///F:/tomcat/webapps/apps#my_app/sitemap.xmap:922:53 at<map:transform>  - file:///F:/tomcat/webapps/apps#my_app/sitemap.xmap:917:79
at<map:generate type="exception">  - file:///F:/tomcat/webapps/apps#my_app/sitemap.xmap:916:51
     Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
     Source: Cocoon Servlet
     cause
       java.io.FileNotFoundException: F:\tomcat\webapps\stylesheets\system\exception2html.xslt
(The system cannot find the path specified)

Does this imply that this 'hash' prefix is still experimental, depending
on the web app?

Best regards,

Ron