tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Patterson <>
Subject JasperException: The value for the useBean class ___ attribute is invalid
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:29:15 GMT
Hello, pls help with the following issue:

My JSP calls a Java Bean
and works OK for both versions, Tomcat 5.5 and Tomcat 7.1

My problem is when I move that same JSP to a sub-directory,
then I get the 500 error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /StrBean.jsp(26,0) The value for the useBean class attribute
jdbcbean.StringBean is invalid.

I think it could be solved changing the server.xml configuration described below (?)

	<Host name="" appBase="/home/serverhome/public_html">
           <Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/serverhome/public_html" debug="1"/>

Any ideas about where to fix the problem ?

Wilhelm Colln