tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: AW: FormAuthentication Valve changes fail with RequestListeners?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 12:06:41 GMT
Thomas Strauß wrote:

>>> We have not succeeded so far. I want to give you some more information
>>> what happens, the context.xml and the web.xml
>>> What we have changed versus the existing setup, working on 7.0.11
>>> - We have moved the login.jsp into the protection domain (was outside
>>> before). This did not remove the issue.
>>> - We have changed the preemptiveAuthentication setting. This did not
>>> remove the issue.
>>> This is the flow through the system that we can see:
>>> Client sends request to /portal
>>>        /portal is not protected
>>>        /portal/jsp/main.jsp is welcome page and protected (see
>>> web.xml)
>>>        portal context configures formauthentication on the protection
>>> domain
>>>        Tomcat redirects/forwards incoming call to /jsp/login.jsp
>>> (protected
>>> resource)

I have not followed in the details, and maybe I am talking out of turn here, but isn't
there a "loop" problem if the login.jsp page is itself protected ?
(Like it will trigger the authentication, which will trigger a redirect to login.jsp,
which will trigger the authentication, which will... etc.)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message