tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat6 - Context - aliases
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:42:25 GMT
Léa Massiot wrote:
> Thank you all three for your last answers.
>

> André Warnier wrote
>> this might help, in a container- and version-independent way :
>> http://jaitechwriteups.blogspot.de/2007/01/how-to-read-properties-file-in-web.html
> I'm sorry, no offence... but I don't see how... :/

No offence taken.

What I meant (if I understood your basic issue properly) was :
- you need to tell your webapp where the uploaded files should be stored/retrieved
- you cannot do it via an "alias" under Tomcat < v7
- so instead of an alias, do it via a property in a properties file, which your webapp
would read
This is (almost) a "pure java" solution, which would work under any servlet container of
any version.