tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shanti Suresh <sha...@umich.edu>
Subject Multiple Contexts - one classloader
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:28:46 GMT
All,

Is there a way to specify with Tomcat 7, one webapp-base with multiple contexts?  If I create
several XML files under <tomcat-home>/conf/Catalina/localhost/ and point the docbase
to outside-appbase WAR path I get multiple classloaders.  I would like one application instance
to serve the different contexts.  Is that possible?  An example of three context XML files
follows.  But I get three classloaders and multiple deployments:

siteA.xml:

<Context docBase="/opt/tomcat/killerApp" path="/siteA" crossContext="true"
         clearReferencesHttpClientKeepAliveThread="true"
         clearReferencesStopTimerThreads="true"
         swallowOutput="true" />

siteB.xml:

<Context docBase="/opt/tomcat/killerApp" path="/siteB" crossContext="true"
         clearReferencesHttpClientKeepAliveThread="true"
         clearReferencesStopTimerThreads="true"
         swallowOutput="true" />

siteC.xml:

<Context docBase="/opt/tomcat/killerApp" path="/siteC" crossContext="true"
         clearReferencesHttpClientKeepAliveThread="true"
         clearReferencesStopTimerThreads="true"
         swallowOutput="true" />

Thanks.

                     -Shanti