tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Léa Massiot <lmhe...@orange.fr>
Subject Re: Tomcat6 - Context - aliases
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 09:50:57 GMT

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote
> Do you really need crossContext="true" here?

I guess not since - as I just tested - removing it doesn't change
anything... Thank you.

So I removed the "crossContext" attribute (and the "path" attribute) and the
new contents of "an_alias_1.xml" are:
< Context docBase="/home/d1" / >

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote
> This is the first time you mentioned webapp "w". Is that the "main"
> webapp?

Yes.

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote
> Why is that a problem?

Actually I realized that even with the previous mechanism I used (using the
"aliases" attribute of the "Context" element of the "w/WEB-INF/context.xml"
file), I could directly retrieve a resource by typing its exact URL in a
browser and without having to identify in any way prior to the retrieval...

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote

> If you want /w/an_alias_1, then re-name your context deployment
> descriptor:
>
> $ mv an_alias_1.xml w\#an_alias_1.xml

... Actually, this is what I did but I didn't want to complicate my answer.
Thank you.

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote

> Maybe you just want to make it "look" like the resource "belongs"
> to the webapp.

To the Webapp "w", yes.

Thank you for your comments and your interest.
Best regards.