tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DaveNoth <david.nothna...@prudential.com>
Subject Re: Running Tomcat as a Standalone desktop Application
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:30:32 GMT

Thanks André!  This is very helpful.

We have a new user base that requires our application to run as a
stand-alone, disconnected App. Today our App is an Online Web Application
running under Websphere. I was also looking to see if anyone is currently
deploying a Web Application (Servlet/JSP) running on Tomcat as a
*stand-alone,* *disconnect* application.   Our goal is to use our same Java
Web application code base for Online connected users as well as disconnected
stand-alone users.   If no one out there is doing this, I am going to infer
it's not a very good idea and look into a rewrite of the code to work under
windows as a desktop app.