tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: determining cause of MaxThreads exhausted
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 20:40:27 GMT

>> The app sends massive emails to users with some info that requires
>> users to log on the webapp and fill in some forms. It seems
>> (without any logs or metrics) that people tend to fill the forms
>> right away after they got the emails and together with the mailing
>> process (that requires DB use to get email addresses) is exhausting
>> the maxthreads connections (300 as of yesterday which I have
>> increased to 400).
> Are you running out of request processors (<Connector>  maxThreads) or
> are you running out of database connections (<Resource>  maxActive)?
MaxThreads
> Yes: log the timestamp of each access, then use one of the many fine
> web server analysis tools to get a picture (literally) of your volume.
I have an access log with timestamps, which tool do you recommend to get
an analysis?

Regards,

Miguel

The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of
its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender
and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed
by the sender.