tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Munz <matt.m.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 04:37:30 GMT
Hi all,

  I'm trying to get the Tomcat 7 Maven plugin to work and I'm getting an authorization problem.[1]
 Here's the command that I'm running. [2]  Here's the relevant snippet from tomcat-users.xml.
[3]  From the browser I am able to log on to the Manager with this account without problems.

  Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

[1] tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
[2] mvn tomcat7:deploy -Dusername=Administrator -Dpassword=a
[3]
<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="manager-jmx"/>
<user username="Administrator" password="a" roles="manager-gui,manager-script,manager-jmx"/>

  Matt Munz
  matt.m.munz@gmail.com