tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <LeoDona...@mail.maricopa.gov>
Subject RE: Dynamic Security Constraints?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 22:10:38 GMT

Occasionally I get requests for GIS data in the tens of gigabytes.  Our ftp won't let us upload
that amount of data, so I thought why not zip it and place it on Tomcat for them to download.
 This data was sensitive in nature and they wanted a secure login to whatever URL I provided
for them to download that data.

Example:  http://planning.maricopa.gov/customerx  when they access this URL, they are presented
with a form based login over HTTPS, and once authenticated, Tomcat serves up a directory with
their zip file.  Essentially, I would already have a preconfigured SQL database with users/roles
and just whip up a webapp and send the customer a url/username/password with which to login.
 I was thinking I would just have webapp template that I modify when I get a request like
that, deploy and then undeploy it after they get their data.  Is there a better way?