tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "the.6th.month@gmail.com" <the.6th.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject SSIServletExternalResolver.getFileText Couldn't find file issue
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:25:37 GMT
Hi all:
There have been exceptions in my catalina.out once or twice an hour about
SSIServletExternalResolver.getFileText Couldn't find file, the full
stacktrace is:
Exception is java.io.IOException: Couldn't find file: /version
at
org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIServletExternalResolver.getFileText(SSIServletExternalResolver.java:544)
at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIMediator.getFileText(SSIMediator.java:162)
at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIInclude.process(SSIInclude.java:50)
at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIProcessor.process(SSIProcessor.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIServlet.processSSI(SSIServlet.java:208)

it happens when server processes request for pages which are under document
root, and the code that does the including is as below:
<jsp:include page="/scripts/serverinformation.sjs" flush="true" />

and the serverinformation.sjs is what exactly includes the version file.
The source code of /scripts/serverinformation.sjs is:
<!--#config timefmt="%B %d %Y %H:%M:%S"-->
*<!--#include virtual="/version" -->*
var SERVER_IP = '<!--#echo var="SERVER_ADDR"-->';
var SERVER_TIME = new Date(Date.parse("<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->"));

those pages are requested several times per second, and we only got this
exception once or twice per hour or even less, which is extremely weird.
the server version is 6.0.29:
yue.liu@l-twa~]$ sudo /home/q/tomcat/bin/version.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/q/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/q/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/q/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /home/q/java/jdk1.6.0_26/jre
Using CLASSPATH:       /home/q/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar
Server version: Apache Tomcat/6.0.29
Server built:   July 19 2010 1458
Server number:  6.0.0.29
OS Name:        Linux
OS Version:     2.6.18-238.12.1.el5xen
Architecture:   amd64
JVM Version:    1.6.0_26-b03
JVM Vendor:     Sun Microsystems Inc.

Is there anyone who's got any idea about what the cause is? It bothered me
quite a few weeks and we couldn't find any clue about the reason since
there's no other debug info available from the log output. Thanks very much
indeed.

All the best
Leon