tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eu-gene Chung <bluewolf.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject [Tomcat 7] org.apache.jasper.xmlparser.EncodingMap question
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 06:34:55 GMT
Hi, all.

I'm doing porting Jasper of Tomcat 7 to our product.

I was adding 'UTF-32' mappings to the
org.apache.jasper.xmlparser.EncodingMap#fIANA2JavaMap

when I found that there were some unmatched mappings compared to
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/intl/encoding.doc.html.

Referring to that Java SE 6 document,

        fIANA2JavaMap.put("UTF-16BE",           "UnicodeBig");
        fIANA2JavaMap.put("UTF-16LE",           "UnicodeLittle");

should be

        fIANA2JavaMap.put("UTF-16BE",           "UnicodeBigUnmarked");
        fIANA2JavaMap.put("UTF-16LE",           "UnicodeLittleUnmarked");
.

And I know that Tomcat 7 is targerted to Java SE 6.

--
Best regards,
Eugene Chung (Korean : 정의근)