tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jonathan Hodges <hodg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the best way to view Tomcat JDBC pool properties in Tomcat 6?
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:43:59 GMT
We can't cast it since it isn't our code.  The MBeanDumper class is part of
Tomcat JMXProxy.



On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com
> wrote:

> cast it to java.sql.Connection
>
>
> On 3/8/2012 4:29 AM, hodgesz wrote:
>
>> Yes you are correct we are creating the pool in Spring configuration as
>> it is
>> more natural for our application, but the only problem we see now is once
>> we
>> upgraded to 7.0.26 we see the following exception in the logs when viewing
>> through JMXProxy.  The data is retrieved correctly so the exception is a
>> little baffling.
>>
>>
>>
>> http://localhost:8080/manager/**jmxproxy/?qry=bean:name=**
>> eventingDataSource<http://localhost:8080/manager/jmxproxy/?qry=bean:name=eventingDataSource>
>>
>>
>> OK - Number of results: 1
>>
>> Name: bean:name=eventingDataSource
>> modelerType: org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**DataSource
>> MaxIdle: 100
>> JdbcInterceptors:
>> org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**interceptor.ConnectionState;**
>> org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**interceptor.StatementFinalizer
>> DefaultTransactionIsolation: -1
>> ValidationQuery: SELECT 1 FROM dual
>> TestOnConnect: false
>> Password: Password not available as DataSource/JMX operation.
>> AbandonWhenPercentageFull: 0
>> TestOnReturn: false
>> Username: xxxx
>> NumActive: 0
>> MinIdle: 10
>> PoolSize: 4
>> ValidationInterval: 1800000
>> Connection:
>> ProxyConnection[**PooledConnection[oracle.jdbc.**
>> driver.T4CConnection@17f8b39]]
>> NumIdle: 2
>> AccessToUnderlyingConnectionAl**lowed: true
>> Url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST =
>> localhost)(PORT = 1580))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVER = DEDICATED)( SERVICE_NAME
>> =
>> anywhere.com )(INSTANCE_NAME = xxx)(SID = xxx)))
>> Size: 4
>> Active: 2
>> AlternateUsernameAllowed: false
>> TestOnBorrow: true
>> LoginTimeout: 6
>> MaxActive: 100
>> MaxAge: 0
>> SuspectTimeout: 0
>> Pool: org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**ConnectionPool@9283bf
>> NumTestsPerEvictionRun: 0
>> Name: Tomcat Connection Pool[1-6300663]
>> MaxWait: 6000
>> PoolProperties: ConnectionPool[**defaultAutoCommit=null;
>> defaultReadOnly=null;
>> defaultTransactionIsolation=-**1; defaultCatalog=null;
>> driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.**driver.OracleDriver; maxActive=100;
>> maxIdle=100;
>> minIdle=10; initialSize=10; maxWait=6000; testOnBorrow=true;
>> testOnReturn=false; timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=**30000;
>> numTestsPerEvictionRun=0; minEvictableIdleTimeMillis=**30000;
>> testWhileIdle=false; testOnConnect=false; password=xxxxx;
>> url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@(**DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST =
>> localhost)(PORT = 1580))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVER = DEDICATED)( SERVICE_NAME
>> =
>> anywhere.com )(INSTANCE_NAME = xxx)(SID = xxx))); username=xxx;
>> validationQuery=SELECT 1 FROM dual; validationInterval=1800000;
>> accessToUnderlyingConnectionAl**lowed=true; removeAbandoned=true;
>> removeAbandonedTimeout=60; logAbandoned=true; connectionProperties=null;
>> initSQL=null;
>> jdbcInterceptors=org.apache.**tomcat.jdbc.pool.interceptor.**
>> ConnectionState;org.apache.**tomcat.jdbc.pool.interceptor.**
>> StatementFinalizer;
>> jmxEnabled=true; fairQueue=false; useEquals=false;
>> abandonWhenPercentageFull=0;
>> maxAge=0; useLock=false; dataSource=null; dataSourceJNDI=null;
>> alternateUsernameAllowed=**false;
>> PoolName: Tomcat Connection Pool[1-6300663]
>> WaitCount: 0
>> JmxEnabled: true
>> TestWhileIdle: false
>> UseEquals: false
>> UseLock: false
>> DriverClassName: oracle.jdbc.driver.**OracleDriver
>> RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 60
>> DbProperties: {user=xxxx, password=xxxx}
>> Idle: 2
>> LogAbandoned: true
>> FairQueue: false
>> PoolSweeperEnabled: true
>> ConnectionAsync:
>> org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**ConnectionPool$**ConnectionFuture@e9c2d3
>> JdbcInterceptorsAsArray:
>> Array[org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.**pool.PoolProperties$**InterceptorDefinition]
>> of
>> length 2
>>
>> org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**PoolProperties$**
>> InterceptorDefinition@125f027
>>
>> org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**PoolProperties$**
>> InterceptorDefinition@1b99628
>> RemoveAbandoned: true
>> TimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis: 30000
>> MinEvictableIdleTimeMillis: 30000
>> InitialSize: 10
>>
>>
>>
>> Mar 6, 2012 9:18:20 AM org.apache.catalina.mbeans.**MBeanDumper dumpBeans
>> SEVERE: Error getting attribute bean:name=eventingDataSource
>> PooledConnection
>> javax.management.**MBeanException: RuntimeException thrown in
>> RequiredModelMBean
>> while trying to invoke operation getPooledConnection
>>         at
>> javax.management.modelmbean.**RequiredModelMBean.**invokeMethod(**
>> RequiredModelMBean.java:1091)
>>         at
>> javax.management.modelmbean.**RequiredModelMBean.invoke(**
>> RequiredModelMBean.java:955)
>>         at
>> org.springframework.jmx.**export.SpringModelMBean.**
>> invoke(SpringModelMBean.java:**90)
>>         at
>> javax.management.modelmbean.**RequiredModelMBean.**getAttribute(**
>> RequiredModelMBean.java:1358)
>>         at
>> org.springframework.jmx.**export.SpringModelMBean.**
>> getAttribute(SpringModelMBean.**java:109)
>>         at
>> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.**DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**getAttribute(**
>> DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**java:666)
>>         at
>> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.**JmxMBeanServer.getAttribute(**
>> JmxMBeanServer.java:638)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.**MBeanDumper.dumpBeans(**MBeanDumper.java:82)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.manager.**JMXProxyServlet.listBeans(**
>> JMXProxyServlet.java:172)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.manager.**JMXProxyServlet.doGet(**
>> JMXProxyServlet.java:121)
>>         at javax.servlet.http.**HttpServlet.service(**
>> HttpServlet.java:621)
>>         at javax.servlet.http.**HttpServlet.service(**
>> HttpServlet.java:722)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**ApplicationFilterChain.**internalDoFilter(**
>> ApplicationFilterChain.java:**305)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**ApplicationFilterChain.**doFilter(**
>> ApplicationFilterChain.java:**210)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.filters.**SetCharacterEncodingFilter.**doFilter(**
>> SetCharacterEncodingFilter.**java:108)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**ApplicationFilterChain.**internalDoFilter(**
>> ApplicationFilterChain.java:**243)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**ApplicationFilterChain.**doFilter(**
>> ApplicationFilterChain.java:**210)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**StandardWrapperValve.invoke(**
>> StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**StandardContextValve.invoke(**
>> StandardContextValve.java:169)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.**authenticator.**AuthenticatorBase.invoke(**
>> AuthenticatorBase.java:581)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**StandardHostValve.invoke(**
>> StandardHostValve.java:168)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.valves.**ErrorReportValve.invoke(**
>> ErrorReportValve.java:98)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.valves.**AccessLogValve.invoke(**
>> AccessLogValve.java:927)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**StandardEngineValve.invoke(**
>> StandardEngineValve.java:118)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.connector.**CoyoteAdapter.service(**
>> CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
>>         at
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.**AbstractHttp11Processor.**process(**
>> AbstractHttp11Processor.java:**987)
>>         at
>> org.apache.coyote.**AbstractProtocol$**AbstractConnectionHandler.**
>> process(AbstractProtocol.java:**579)
>>         at
>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.**JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.**
>> run(JIoEndpoint.java:307)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.**ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.**
>> runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.**java:886)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.**ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(**
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.**java:619)
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy5 cannot be cast to
>> org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**PooledConnection
>>         at
>> org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**DataSourceProxy.**getPooledConnection(**
>> DataSourceProxy.java:156)
>>         at sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke0(Native
>> Method)
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:**39)
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.**DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**java:25)
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.**invoke(Method.java:597)
>>         at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.**invoke(MethodUtil.java:37)
>>         at sun.reflect.**GeneratedMethodAccessor31.**invoke(Unknown
>> Source)
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.**DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**java:25)
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.**invoke(Method.java:597)
>>         at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.**invoke(MethodUtil.java:244)
>>         at
>> javax.management.modelmbean.**RequiredModelMBean.**invokeMethod(**
>> RequiredModelMBean.java:1074)
>>         ... 30 more
>> Mar 6, 2012 9:18:22 AM org.apache.catalina.mbeans.**MBeanDumper dumpBeans
>> SEVERE: Error getting attribute bean:name=eventingDataSource XAConnection
>> javax.management.**MBeanException: Exception thrown in RequiredModelMBean
>> while
>> trying to invoke operation getXAConnection
>>         at
>> javax.management.modelmbean.**RequiredModelMBean.**invokeMethod(**
>> RequiredModelMBean.java:1101)
>>         at
>> javax.management.modelmbean.**RequiredModelMBean.invoke(**
>> RequiredModelMBean.java:955)
>>         at
>> org.springframework.jmx.**export.SpringModelMBean.**
>> invoke(SpringModelMBean.java:**90)
>>         at
>> javax.management.modelmbean.**RequiredModelMBean.**getAttribute(**
>> RequiredModelMBean.java:1358)
>>         at
>> org.springframework.jmx.**export.SpringModelMBean.**
>> getAttribute(SpringModelMBean.**java:109)
>>         at
>> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.**DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**getAttribute(**
>> DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**java:666)
>>         at
>> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.**JmxMBeanServer.getAttribute(**
>> JmxMBeanServer.java:638)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.**MBeanDumper.dumpBeans(**MBeanDumper.java:82)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.manager.**JMXProxyServlet.listBeans(**
>> JMXProxyServlet.java:172)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.manager.**JMXProxyServlet.doGet(**
>> JMXProxyServlet.java:121)
>>         at javax.servlet.http.**HttpServlet.service(**
>> HttpServlet.java:621)
>>         at javax.servlet.http.**HttpServlet.service(**
>> HttpServlet.java:722)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**ApplicationFilterChain.**internalDoFilter(**
>> ApplicationFilterChain.java:**305)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**ApplicationFilterChain.**doFilter(**
>> ApplicationFilterChain.java:**210)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.filters.**SetCharacterEncodingFilter.**doFilter(**
>> SetCharacterEncodingFilter.**java:108)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**ApplicationFilterChain.**internalDoFilter(**
>> ApplicationFilterChain.java:**243)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**ApplicationFilterChain.**doFilter(**
>> ApplicationFilterChain.java:**210)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**StandardWrapperValve.invoke(**
>> StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**StandardContextValve.invoke(**
>> StandardContextValve.java:169)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.**authenticator.**AuthenticatorBase.invoke(**
>> AuthenticatorBase.java:581)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**StandardHostValve.invoke(**
>> StandardHostValve.java:168)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.valves.**ErrorReportValve.invoke(**
>> ErrorReportValve.java:98)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.valves.**AccessLogValve.invoke(**
>> AccessLogValve.java:927)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.**StandardEngineValve.invoke(**
>> StandardEngineValve.java:118)
>>         at
>> org.apache.catalina.connector.**CoyoteAdapter.service(**
>> CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
>>         at
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.**AbstractHttp11Processor.**process(**
>> AbstractHttp11Processor.java:**987)
>>         at
>> org.apache.coyote.**AbstractProtocol$**AbstractConnectionHandler.**
>> process(AbstractProtocol.java:**579)
>>         at
>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.**JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.**
>> run(JIoEndpoint.java:307)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.**ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.**
>> runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.**java:886)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.**ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(**
>> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.**java:619)
>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connection from pool does not implement
>> javax.sql.XAConnection
>>         at
>> org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.**DataSourceProxy.**getXAConnection(**
>> DataSourceProxy.java:134)
>>         at sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke0(Native
>> Method)
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:**39)
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.**DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**java:25)
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.**invoke(Method.java:597)
>>         at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.**invoke(MethodUtil.java:37)
>>         at sun.reflect.**GeneratedMethodAccessor31.**invoke(Unknown
>> Source)
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.**DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**java:25)
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.**invoke(Method.java:597)
>>         at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.**invoke(MethodUtil.java:244)
>>         at
>> javax.management.modelmbean.**RequiredModelMBean.**invokeMethod(**
>> RequiredModelMBean.java:1074)
>>         ... 30 more
>>
>>
>>
>> To add a little more detail we have enabled all the new Manager roles
>> while
>> we test this issue.
>>
>>   <role rolename="admin-gui"/>
>>   <role rolename="admin-script"/>
>>
>>   <role rolename="manager-gui"/>
>>   <role rolename="manager-script"/>
>>   <role rolename="manager-jmx"/>
>>   <role rolename="manager-status"/>
>>
>>   <user username="xxxx" password="xxxx"
>> roles="admin-gui,admin-script,**manager-gui,manager-script,**
>> manager-jmx,manager-status"/>
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://tomcat.10.n6.nabble.**
>> com/What-is-the-best-way-to-**view-Tomcat-JDBC-pool-**
>> properties-in-Tomcat-7-**tp4557182p4558028.html<http://tomcat.10.n6.nabble.com/What-is-the-best-way-to-view-Tomcat-JDBC-pool-properties-in-Tomcat-7-tp4557182p4558028.html>
>>
>> Sent from the Tomcat - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.**apache.org<users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org>
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>
> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.**apache.org<users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message