tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem connecting to Tomcat from executable JAR file
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 19:26:09 GMT
2012/3/8 David Sills <DSills@datasourceinc.com>:
> Hi!
>

> I'm having a most infuriating problem with an test client I am using to
> check whether or not my Tomcat app is working. I can call Tomcat
> perfectly well from my browser, but when I try to connect using the same
> URL exactly from the executable JAR file in my test client, the
> connection is refused! I don't understand this at all. Have I missed a
> security setting, perhaps?

Firewall in Windows or in an antivirus software if you use one?

What connector is configured on Tomcat?

How to you connect in the browser? Do you connect to 127.0.0.1 or to [::1]?

Source code = ?

Error messages = ?

> Owing to my client's requirements, I'm running Tomcat 5.5.33 on Java
> 1.4.2_19. I'm also running the test client in the same version of Java.
> All this runs on Windows 7 x64.

5.5 reaches EOL in half a year  (and I'll be able to trow away JDK 1.4
from my PC :) ).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko