tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chema <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Tomcat JDBC Pool] Close pooled connections via JMX
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 19:35:56 GMT
> We use Spring w/ Hibernate as I recall.  Yes, we have talked about that - a
> ping query.  What we don't like about that is now we have a tc ping and app
> ping.  We have also discussed just changing the tc borrow/ping to do the
> dual@remotedb query as this would test both primary and remote.  We have
> tested this and it works.  What stinks about this is we only access the
> remotedb 10% of the time.

Well, I don't know how works Hibernate , but I know that you can have
many SessionFactory
Can you define different SessionFactory with different settings , for
example, with different pingQuery value?
Does Hibernate have a pingQuery setting ?

So, when you want to perform a remote query, you use SessionFactory
who returns local connections but before  SELECT 1 FROM DUAL@remotedb
testing query