tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark DeSpain <mark.desp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: info regarding automatic restart of webapps when modifying $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:03:00 GMT
Hi Mark T,

Thanks for the information about removing the <WatchedResource>...
entry from $CATALINA_BASE/context.xml.  While that prevents a web
applications from restarting when modifying the web.xml included with
it, it does not prevent restarting of all web applications when
modifying the web.xml in the server's conf folder.

FYI, we currently appear to be using Tomcat 7.0.6, though I suspect
we'll be upgrading to the latest sometime soon.

~Mark