tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brooke Hedrick <brooke.t.hedr...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [Tomcat JDBC Pool] Close pooled connections via JMX
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 17:48:30 GMT
On Mar 3, 2012 11:35 AM, "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
wrote:

> > From: Brooke Hedrick [mailto:brooke.t.hedrick@gmail.com]
> > Subject: Re: [Tomcat JDBC Pool] Close pooled connections via JMX
>
> > > Do you have testOnBorrow="true" and a validationQuery="SELECT 1 FROM
> > > DUAL" configured?
> > >
> > > This should suffice to ensure each connection is valid before use.
>
> > That approach doesn't work when the application uses symlinks to get to
> > data on other Oracle servers.
>
> That makes no sense to me; please explain how links in the file system
affect DB connections over the network.

Chuck, I used the wrong word.  I should have said 'database links'.  You
will see things like: select * emp@otherdb.  Where @otherdb is typically an
entry that you would find in a tnsnames.ora.

>  - Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
its attachments from all computers.