tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Proxypass Question
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:57:23 GMT

Perfectly Normal

if a http request comes in yoiu want to
1)log the request ( writing the HTTP Env Vars)
2)forward to https

if a https request comes in you want to
1)log (writing the HTTP Env vars)
2)authenticate

does your client that uses Tomcat have at least *read access* to
/mnt/html/example/www.example.com.key

Viel Gluck!
Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> From: truckman@woodbridgedata.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Proxypass Question
> Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 23:18:52 -0500
>
> Greetings,
>
> I'm not sure whether this is a tomcat6 issue or an apache issue, but I thought maybe
I would start here if no one minds.

> We have a domain name and we have apache answering the door on both https(443) and http(80).
 What we'd like to do is proxypass port 443 to tomcat6, and have port 80 serve html files
normally on that domain name (i.e. different content)

> So, we defined such in /etc/httpd/conf.d/virtuals.conf like so:
>
> NameVirtualHost *:443
>
> <VirtualHost *:443>
>         ServerName www.example.com:443
>         SSLEngine on
>         SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
>         SSLCertificateFile /mnt/html/example/example.com.crt
>         SSLCertificateKeyFile /mnt/html/example/www.example.com.key
>         ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         ServerName www.example.com:80
> #        ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
>         DocumentRoot    /mnt/html/example
> </VirtualHost>
>
> With the above, nothing works and in the /var/log/error_log file we see an entry for
"file does not exist /mnt/html/example/", and we get that entry regardless whether we hit
ports 443 or port 80 - which tells us nothing is proxying when set this way.

> If we change the latter part of the configuration file to this:
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         ServerName www.example.com:80
>         ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
> #        DocumentRoot    /mnt/html/example
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Then https: does in fact proxy up to tomcat6, the application loads, and all is well.
 However, it does the very same thing for port 80 as the proxypass statement is there also.