tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Sills" <DSi...@datasourceinc.com>
Subject Problem connecting to Tomcat from executable JAR file
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 18:14:13 GMT
Hi!

I'm having a most infuriating problem with an test client I am using to
check whether or not my Tomcat app is working. I can call Tomcat
perfectly well from my browser, but when I try to connect using the same
URL exactly from the executable JAR file in my test client, the
connection is refused! I don't understand this at all. Have I missed a
security setting, perhaps?

Owing to my client's requirements, I'm running Tomcat 5.5.33 on Java
1.4.2_19. I'm also running the test client in the same version of Java.
All this runs on Windows 7 x64.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

David Sills