tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Problem connecting to Tomcat from executable JAR file
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 18:36:20 GMT
> From: David Sills [mailto:DSills@datasourceinc.com]
> Subject: Problem connecting to Tomcat from executable JAR file

> I can call Tomcat perfectly well from my browser, but when I
> try to connect using the same URL exactly from the executable
> JAR file in my test client, the connection is refused!

You might try using Wireshark to capture the connection handshaking from both the browser
and test client, and compare.  You will have to run them from a separate system, since it's
rather difficult to grab TCP traffic on Windows' loopback interface.  (Look at http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Loopback
for tricks to do so if you must.)

> I'm running Tomcat 5.5.33

Still supported, barely.

> on Java 1.4.2_19.

Not supported and hardly even remembered.

> All this runs on Windows 7 x64.

An odd mix.

 - Chuck