tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carl Kabbe <c...@etrak-plus.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat silently dies
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:45:04 GMT
David,

Thanks, I will try that.

Carl

On Mar 4, 2012, at 7:45 PM, David Kerber wrote:

> On 3/4/2012 7:31 PM, Carl Kabbe wrote:
>> Recap:
>>
>> OS 		Slackware 13.x 64bit
>>
>> Tomcat	6.0.24
>>
>> Two different servers… one with 16 GB and one with 8GB
>>
>> Heap	2GB, PermGen 300MB
>>
>> Tried different versions of the (Oracle) JVM … tried 1.6.0_24 and 1.6.0_31
>>
>> The current solution:
>>
>> Has been stable using JVM version 1.6.0_7 for the last week (we were going down once
or twice a day.)

>> Two years ago, I faced this same issue and Chuck suggested I revert to 1.6.0_7.
He said there was a change in 1.6.0_10 that may have caused the problem… I do not know what
that was but he appeared to be correct.  I reverted to 1.6.0_7 and the system was stable for
two years until I tried more recent JVM's.

>> At this point, I am looking for suggestions as it clearly has something to do with
the JVM (I don't want to stay on 1.6.0_7 forever) but I have no idea how to duplicate or troubleshoot
the problem.