tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "MOYER, TODD" <tm4...@att.com>
Subject quotes in Protocol Handler name
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:30:26 GMT
In our Tomcat 7.0.16 installation (on RedHat Linux 4 with Spring) the protocol handler name
has double quotes.  For example:  INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]

I can see with an Mbean dump that the quotes are part of the name.

Can anyone explain if quotes being part of the name is always/usually true in version 7 of
Tomcat?

If so, was this a mistake or done intentionally?  Why?

Needless to say, in our case this is causing headaches.  I'd like to understand the background
for why the quotes are there.  It seems an odd design decision.

Cheers,
Todd