tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Bezuglyy <v...@isd.dp.ua>
Subject ClassNotFoundException in jnlp-servlet after restart of Tomcat
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 13:06:56 GMT
Hello!

Our client use Tomcat 5.0.28.
We deploy Web application with jnlp servlet on this Tomcat.
>From time to time after restart of Tomcat and when first user tries to download our application
via Java WebStart there occures java.lang.ClassNotFoundException exceptions on Tomcat's side
like following:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jnlp.sample.servlet.DownloadRequest
        at jnlp.sample.servlet.JnlpDownloadServlet.handleRequest(JnlpDownloadServlet.java:122)
        at jnlp.sample.servlet.JnlpDownloadServlet.doGet(JnlpDownloadServlet.java:113)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jnlp.sample.servlet.DownloadRequest
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1340)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1189)
        ... 40 more

or like following
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jnlp.sample.servlet.ResourceCatalog$PathEntries
        at jnlp.sample.servlet.ResourceCatalog.lookupResource(ResourceCatalog.java:109)
        at jnlp.sample.servlet.JnlpDownloadServlet.handleVersionRequest(JnlpDownloadServlet.java:204)
        at jnlp.sample.servlet.JnlpDownloadServlet.locateResource(JnlpDownloadServlet.java:179)
        at jnlp.sample.servlet.JnlpDownloadServlet.handleRequest(JnlpDownloadServlet.java:120)
        at jnlp.sample.servlet.JnlpDownloadServlet.doGet(JnlpDownloadServlet.java:85)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jnlp.sample.servlet.ResourceCatalog$PathEntries
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1340)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1189)
        ... 45 more
etc.

Not found classes are different each time.
Bu these classes exist in classpath - they are in WEB-INF\lib.

We do not have these exceptions if we run Tomcat using Java 1.4.
These exceptions occures on Java 5 only.
As far as I can see these exceptions occurs only once after restart of Tomcat, when first
user downloads our application.
There are no any ClassNotFoundException when second user downloads our application.

We have such problems on a few clients.
Ant these clients can't change either version of Tomcat or version of Java.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Thank you,
Vladimir.