tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Frey <rainer.f...@inxmail.de>
Subject Re: RE : Tomcat7 OutOFMemoryError
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:12:48 GMT

On 05.03.2012, at 14:14, Philippe ROUXEL wrote:

>>> When I set JAVA_OPTS= -Xmx1024m -Xss75m
>>
>> That means: each thread get a stack of 75MB. One of the following applies:
>> * the operating system has a limit on thread stack size
>> * the per process memory limit is reached before all initial tomcat threads are started
>> * the system runs out of total memory before all initial tomcat threads are started
>>
>> 75MB thread stack size seems quite insane, the default is around 1-2MB. Perhaps you
meant to set -Xms (which sets the initial Java heap size)?
> 75MB of stack is needed by hibenate to save the data aka a graph.

I haven't used hibernate personally, but I never heard anything like that. So please elaborate.
Where did you get that information?
Also what do you mean with "graph"? The graph of associated objects that are updated by one
hibernate call, or is your data actually graph data?
If so, how is that mapped? do you have any self-referential associations?
Is it really stack that you are talking about?

Rainer