tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: partial response from non-browser clients
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:08:12 GMT
Serdyn du Toit wrote:
> Hi,
> Using Tomcat 6.0.35 I got the server up and running and could retrieve
> webpages from my application perfectly - using the browser.  Now I've
> written some client code of my own in Java and for one or other reason it
> doesn't want to retrieve everything - it only returns a partial response
> and then hangs.  Multiple attempts at returning the webpage returns the
> same partial response - in other words its still a partial response but its
> the exact same length as the partial responses returned by the other
> attempts.

That sounds a bit like the webserver sending a "chunked" response, but the client not
being able to deal with it and thinking it gets the whole response the first time.
(I say "sounds like", because I really don't know if the Java code you're using can deal
with this or not).

Maybe you would benefit from having a look at the Apache HttpClient classes at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message