tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Info on PermSize and MaxPermSize
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:35:34 GMT
Geet Chandra wrote:
> Version of Tomcat is 6.0.035 As <http://6.0.035.As> Tomcat is being shipped
> with product developed, we are providing command line utility,using the
> same utility users are of product allow to change the configurable
> parameters as per application type deployed in tomcat.We are using
> <utiltity>.vbs as mentioned utility implementation file.Also we are
> registering tomcat as windows service while product is being installed and
> command to start tomcat as "cmd.exe /c net start tomcat ".Hoping everyone
> understood my requirements.

Not really. I think one would need Pid's crystall ball to really understand the first part

of your message above.  Let me try to dissect it however :

 > Version of Tomcat is 6.0.035
Ok, let's say.

As <http://6.0.035.As>
Huh ?

  Tomcat is being shipped
 > with product developed,
I think I got that.

 > we are providing command line utility,using the
 > same utility users are of product allow to change the configurable
 > parameters as per application type deployed in tomcat.We are using
 > <utiltity>.vbs as mentioned utility implementation file.

Not quite sure I understand what you're talking about here.
But I gather that you are somehow shipping Tomcat together with some unspecified
application and some cutely-named script described in some file.
And that this is under Windows..

 > Also we are
 > registering tomcat as windows service while product is being installed

Ah. And how exactly are you doing this ?

First, you'd have to tell us /which/ Tomcat package, downloaded from where, you are
shipping, and how you do this installation.
Then you'd have to tell us which Java JVM you are also installing (presumably).
And then, tell us /how/ you are doing the registration of Tomcat as a Windows Service.

 > and
 > command to start tomcat as "cmd.exe /c net start tomcat ".

In your answer, please answer each question just below the question, and not everything at

the top of the message.

In the meantime, you could reflect on this : the people who man this forum are volunteers,

who generally do their best to answer the questions of fellow Tomcat users.
But they are not obliged to answer questions.
And you stand a much better chance to have your questions answered correctly and quickly,

if you make at least a little effort to ask them clearly and if you provide sufficient and

precise information in the first place.
Quite apart from your particular Tomcat issue, this is also generally a good strategy when

talking to people you don't know, when you want something from them.