tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat6w.exe -- 32bit and 64bit versions identical?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 19:12:22 GMT
Jim Garrison wrote:
> [...]

Not as far as I know. tomcat5/6/7w.exe is a Windows GUI program which only accesses the
Registry, to set/modify values in it. So for this program, the type of the JVM (32/64-bit)

doesn't matter, as it never interacts with it.

These Registry values are later read by the tomcat5/6/7.exe program, and used as
parameters for itself and to set options for the JVM which this program starts and runs,
as a "wrapper".  So for this second program, the type of JVM matters very much, and must
match the type of the wrapper.

I mention 5/6/7 above to stress that the above has been true since at least Tomcat 5.