tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat silently dies
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 00:45:33 GMT
On 3/4/2012 7:31 PM, Carl Kabbe wrote:
> Recap:
>
> OS 		Slackware 13.x 64bit
>
> Tomcat	6.0.24
>
> Two different servers… one with 16 GB and one with 8GB
>
> Heap	2GB, PermGen 300MB
>
> Tried different versions of the (Oracle) JVM … tried 1.6.0_24 and 1.6.0_31
>
> The current solution:
>
> Has been stable using JVM version 1.6.0_7 for the last week (we were going down once
or twice a day.)

> Two years ago, I faced this same issue and Chuck suggested I revert to 1.6.0_7.  He said
there was a change in 1.6.0_10 that may have caused the problem… I do not know what that
was but he appeared to be correct.  I reverted to 1.6.0_7 and the system was stable for two
years until I tried more recent JVM's.

> At this point, I am looking for suggestions as it clearly has something to do with the
JVM (I don't want to stay on 1.6.0_7 forever) but I have no idea how to duplicate or troubleshoot
the problem.

> Thanks,
>
> Carl

Update to a later Tomcat?  Maybe there's some interaction between it and
the JVM...

just a swag...