tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Casper Wandahl Schmidt <kalle.pri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: make Tomcat reachable on internet
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 10:57:37 GMT
(I top-post to follow the standard in this thread)

It can be done without putting the machine in DMZ as well. I use
portforwarding to forward port 80 in my router to my server (port 80 as
well). There I have Apache Httpd running which then talks to tomcat (I
also have port 8080 forwarded so that tomcat can be reached directly but
domain.tld:8080 i inconvenient and I need php, therefore httpd is up and
running on port 80).

I have dynamic IP as well but my dns-provider have a webservice which
can be used to change my ip to the one sending the request. This means
that I have e cronjob on my ubuntu server running each 20 minutes. It
uses curl to call the webservice with the appopriate domain, username
and password and if my IP is changed since the last call the
dns-provider will change it to the new IP for me :)

Kind regards
Casper