tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carl Kabbe <c...@etrak-plus.com>
Subject Tomcat silently dies
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 00:31:30 GMT
Recap:

OS 		Slackware 13.x 64bit

Tomcat	6.0.24

Two different servers… one with 16 GB and one with 8GB

Heap	2GB, PermGen 300MB

Tried different versions of the (Oracle) JVM … tried 1.6.0_24 and 1.6.0_31

The current solution:

Has been stable using JVM version 1.6.0_7 for the last week (we were going down once or twice
a day.)

Two years ago, I faced this same issue and Chuck suggested I revert to 1.6.0_7.  He said there
was a change in 1.6.0_10 that may have caused the problem… I do not know what that was but
he appeared to be correct.  I reverted to 1.6.0_7 and the system was stable for two years
until I tried more recent JVM's.

At this point, I am looking for suggestions as it clearly has something to do with the JVM
(I don't want to stay on 1.6.0_7 forever) but I have no idea how to duplicate or troubleshoot
the problem.

Thanks,

Carl