tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Registe, Jr." <martin.regi...@appia.com>
Subject RE: Setup of workers.properties with multiple host and TC instances
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 19:22:51 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Mladen Turk [mailto:mturk@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:09 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: Setup of workers.properties with multiple host and TC instances

On 03/21/2012 07:47 PM, Martin Registe, Jr. wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Please note that I have two different IP addresses running under the same worker.

You will need one worker per host:port thus in your case 4 of them not 2.

> My boss thinks that this is causing sessions to jump between the two ip addresses on
the same jvm.

You only have contract for two instances. The latest one will overwrite the first setting.

Regards
--
^TM

Thanks for the quick response  TM

Okay so I broke them up and created another lb group (not sure if I had to do that) it looks
like this

worker.list=part, myxx
#worker.list=worker1, worker2

#
# Defining a worker named ajp13w and of type ajp13
# Note that the name and the type do not have to match.
#
worker.jvm1.type=ajp13
worker.jvm1.host=10.17.75.145
worker.jvm1.port=8019
worker.jvm1.lbfactor=10

worker.jvm2.type=ajp13
worker.jvm2.host=10.17.75.145
worker.jvm2.port=8029
worker.jvm2.lbfactor=10

worker.jvm3.type=ajp13
worker.jvm3.host=10.17.75.61
worker.jvm3.port=8019
worker.jvm3.lbfactor=10

worker.jvm4.type=ajp13
worker.jvm4.host=10.17.75.61
worker.jvm4.port=8029
worker.jvm4.lbfactor=10

worker.part.type=lb
worker.part.balance_workers=jvm1,jvm2
worker.part.sticky_session=1

worker.myxx.type=lb
worker.myxx.balance_workers=jvm3,jvm4
worker.myxx.sticky_session=1

But I get the below error  in the mod_jk.log

[Tue Mar 20 15:32:10.978 2012] [27476:35628] [error] jk_worker.c (151): factory for lb failed
for myxx
[Tue Mar 20 15:32:10.978 2012] [27476:35628] [error] jk_worker.c (262): failed to create worker
myxx

I looked online and through my Apache Tomcat book but I haven't been able to fine anything
when it comes to running two instances and on the same box sharing the same IP addresses on
multiple ports.  I don't even know if I really need to make this change.  I don't think this
option will work because jvm3 and jvm4 aren't defined in the server.xml files on the tomcat
side

Thanks,
Martin