tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Witoslaw Koczewski ...@koczewski.de>
Subject Re: AccessControlException when starting embedded Tomcat from Java Webstart
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:46:27 GMT
> > Shouldn't there be a switch in Tomcat to turn off this checks?
>
> Why?  If you don't want the Security Manager, don't turn it on.

I don't, WebStart does. Usualy when I turn on a feature in software A, I don't expect it to
affect software B. Logging for example can be configured separately.

Does Tomcat use the same Security Manager as WebStart or does it just share the same switch?

Is there perhaps a central place in the Tomcat source code where the switch is evaluated,
so I can rename it or hard-code it to "false"?

Best regards,
Witek,

---
http://koczewski.de