tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 1983-01...@gmx.net
Subject Re: Writing a custom resource factory
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:34:48 GMT
> Am 16.03.2012 08:24, schrieb Felix Schumacher:
> > Am 15.03.2012 21:54, schrieb Michael-O:
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> I'd like to write a custom ldap resource factory as same as a data
> >> source factory. The getObjectInstance method shall return
> >> InitialDirContext object. I have written a mock factory and noticed
> >> that the output is cached by Tomcat. So the object is created only
> >> once (same id in Eclipse debugger).
> > I think you can change that behavior, but it will not be necessary in
> > your case.
> I have found it. In
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html
> look for "singleton". But I still believe, that you will not need it.

Felix,

I checked that already. I am on Tomcat 6.0.35, so this is not an option for me. Although the
Tomcat Pool works great since the DataSource is created once. It would contradict if the DataSouce
and its pool would exist several times.

I'll will share my implementation idea shortly on the list as soon as it works.

Mike