tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lev A KARATUN <Lev.KARA...@raiffeisen.ru>
Subject Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 05:21:16 GMT
Andre,

but if a symbolic link is deleted, its target remains unaffected. Are you
sure that undeployment can damage my logs somehow?

Best Regards,
Karatun Lev,
RBRU IT Application Support ,
(495) 5464

André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com>
03.02.2012 20:00
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?

John Renne wrote:
> I've done this before but always used the apache in front of tomcat to
serve the logfiles.

> If you're sure you want to let tomcat do the fileserving, I'ld suggest
making a symlink in one of the application folders to the logsdirectory.
That should do the trick.

I would not do that without being very very careful.  Undeploying the
application may just
delete all your logs.