tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pradeep Fernando <pradee...@gmail.com>
Subject starting connectors after the tomcat startup
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:21:56 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using embedded tomcat within my application. I configured the
org.apache.catalina.startup.Tomcat class using the server.xml found in
tomcat distribution.
But i want to start my connectors after some requirement are met (The
necessary resources being initialized).

My approach was to set the connector param,

bindOnInit = "false"

and then start the connectors at a later stage using connector.start();

but it looks like my connectors are in the "STARTED" life-cycle stage
once i do the Tomcat.start() call. - means they are already started
Am i missing something. How can i achieve my requirement.?

thanks
--Pradeep