tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Paries <rtpar...@gmail.com>
Subject help debug cluster error --java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 10:17:34 GMT
Hello,
I have two centos servers running tomcat  5.5 (yeah i know its old)

one of the servers died and i had to rebuild from scratch. Everything
is working but the clustering.

is there anything between the cluster configs that needs to be
different?  I just copied one to the other. I had it working ok before
server 2 crashed, so i know server 1 is configured ok and that is what
i copied from

when i start tomcat i get

SEVERE: Unable to start cluster listener.
java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:52)
        at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener.listen(ReplicationListener.java:120)
        at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ClusterReceiverBase.run(ClusterReceiverBase.java:394)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

when i created the new server i just copied the tomcat dir and placed
it on the rebuild server.
in my server.xml(see below)  i put an ip in tcpListenAddress instead
of auto because i have muiltiple IPS

any suggestions on how to debug this?

thanks for any help

        <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
                 doClusterLog="true"
                 clusterLogName="clusterlog"

managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
                 expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                 useDirtyFlag="true"
                 notifyListenersOnReplication="true">

            <Membership
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                mcastAddr="228.0.0.9"
                mcastPort="45564"
                mcastFrequency="500"
                recoveryEnabled="true"
                mcastDropTime="3000"/>

            <Receiver
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
                tcpListenAddress="192.168.0.203"
                tcpListenPort="4001"
                tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                tcpThreadCount="35"/>

            <Sender

className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
           replicationMode="pooled"
ackTimeout="15000"/>

            <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"

filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.png;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.*\.css;.*\.txt;.*\.pdf;\*.wav;\*.mp3;"/>

            <ClusterListener
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
        </Cluster>