tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg ...@tabbysplace.org>
Subject Re: Why am I Getting org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm getPassword SEVERE: Exception performing authentication?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 19:15:17 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> On 08/02/2012 18:23, Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
>> Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException:
>> The last packet successfully received from the server was 58,153,867
>> milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was
>> 58,153,867 milliseconds ago. is longer than the server configured
>> value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or
>> testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing
>> the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the
>> Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this
>> problem.
>
> Which part of this is unclear?

The message is, indeed, perfectly clear. Did you read my post?

I don't understand why Tomcat is involved in the authentication  (the
exception happens in org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm getPassword)
at this point.  As far as I know, the only authentication going on
should be the CAS authentication used by my app.

Clear now?

--
Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director