tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg ...@tabbysplace.org>
Subject Re: Why am I Getting org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm getPassword SEVERE: Exception performing authentication?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 02:52:30 GMT
After many sessions of logging, testing, etc. I have convinced that I
have been looking at tow unrelated issues:

1) Tomcat's auth was failing due to closed DB connections. But this is
actually not a problem & was unrelated to the problem I was trying to
track down.
2) My app's DB pool is not set up correctly.  I need to figure out how/why now.

It was coincidental timing in the the logs that was leading me to
believe the two were related.

Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions.  I belong to many tech
forums, but this is the easiest one on which to get good help.
Actually, makes me wish I had more problems with Tomcat than my other
systems :-)

--
Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director