tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg>
Subject Re: Why am I Getting org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm getPassword SEVERE: Exception performing authentication?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 19:52:32 GMT

Thanks for the reply.

>> I don't understand why Tomcat is involved in the authentication  (the
>> exception happens in org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm getPassword)
>> at this point.  As far as I know, the only authentication going on
>> should be the CAS authentication used by my app.

> This means you are using Tomcat's BASIC authentication.
> It appears you do not have CAS configured correctly. Check your web.xml.

I'm (obviously) a novice here.  Which web.xml should I be checking?

- The app's web.xml? (There is mention of anything security-related there).
- The 'root' web.xml?

Is there any easy way to tturn on logging for Tomcat's authentication?

Jonathan Rosenberg
Founder & Executive Director
Tabby's Place, a Cat Sanctuary

To unsubscribe, e-mail: