tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg ...@tabbysplace.org>
Subject Re: Why am I Getting org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm getPassword SEVERE: Exception performing authentication?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 22:48:11 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: shmoldie@gmail.com [mailto:shmoldie@gmail.com]
>> On Behalf Of Jonathan Rosenberg
>> Subject: Re: Why am I Getting org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm
>> getPassword SEVERE: Exception performing authentication?
>
>> From reading the docs, I expected to see something in catalina.out.
>
> It certainly won't show up in catalina.out - that's only for catching output from sloppy
webapps too lazy to use a real logger.  Look in the other log files.

>  - Chuck

Well, there is no effective web.xml output in any of the log files. I
checked every log file that been modified sometime today.

Nada.

What could be going on?

--
Jonathan Rosenberg