tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: manager comes up in Spanish -- how to switch to English?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 21:36:32 GMT
2012/2/4 David Leung <>:
> Hello!  I've looked at the FAQ and tried web searching, but can't find
> an answer to this, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.
> I downloaded apache-tomcat-7.0.25.exe today from both
> and
> In both cases, installation went smoothly, but when I navigated to
>  http://localhost/manager/html
> I got the Manager page in what I believe is Spanish: "Gestor do
> Aplicaciones Web de Tomcat".
> Anyone know how I can switch this to English, please?

Configure your own web browser to prefer English language.

(In Firefox: Settings dialog -> 3rd tab ("Contents"?) -> Languages,
add English and move it to the top of the list.)

There is an alternative way if you want to remove Spanish localization
completely: stop server, delete "lib/tomcat-i18n-es.jar" (and maybe fr
and ja jars as well) and start it again.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: