tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Samad - Yieldbroker <Alex.Sa...@yieldbroker.com>
Subject problems with performance with IIS 7.5 and Tomcat Connector
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:04:49 GMT
Hi

Hopefully this is the right list :)

I have

2 x W2k8r2 + NLB (Network load balancing) + IIS 7.5 + Tomcat Plugin  => 2 x RHEL 6.1 +
Jboss 7 (I think). (not setup in JBoss cluster mode)

We have a .net client that talks to the IIS and then onto Jboss.

We have been running some tests on our new setup.

When we run client to Jboss node (just 1), we can create 1000 connections very fast, as in
the client application open 1000 connections as fast as it cans and then starts to communicate
from there.

When we point out client at IIS (we started with 200 connection) we are seeing problems.

1) IIS reports 200 connection starting up just about instantly

2) we have setup the virtual web site with 4 worker processes (as it's a 4 cpu machine), we
see 4 process and lots of threads start up

3) I can see in the ajp logs that the connector is starting up

But on the jboss node, counting the 8009 connections it takes a very long time for the connections
to start up 2-3 every 3-4 seconds.

Now it might be that I had logging on in debug mode .... I did try in info mode and seemed
to be just as bad.

This is my connector config....

# Global Vars

worker.maintain=60

worker.list=jbclb

# JBoss cluser

worker.jbclb.type=lb

worker.jbclb.balance_workers=worker1, worker2 worker.jbclb.sticky_session=true worker.jbclb.method=Request

# Template for all worker threads

worker.template.type=ajp13

worker.template.port=8009

worker.template.ping_mode=A

worker.template.ping_timeout=30000

worker.template.connection_pool_size=2000

worker.template.connection_pool_minsize=100

worker.template.socket_keepalive=true

worker.list=worker1

# worker 1

worker.worker1.host=10.32.25.251

worker.worker1.route=node1

worker.worker1.reference=worker.template

worker.list=worker2

# worker 1

worker.worker2.route=node2

worker.worker2.host=10.32.25.252

worker.worker2.reference=worker.template

ISAPA config file

# Configuration file for the Jakarta ISAPI Redirector

# The path to the ISAPI Redirector Extension, relative to the website # This must be in a
virtual directory with execute privileges extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

# Full path to the log file for the ISAPI Redirector log_file=C:\YB\Local\dev.com\Logs\ajpconfisapi_redirect.log

# Log level (debug, info, warn, error or trace) #log_level=info log_level=warn #log_level=debug
log_filesize=20M

#log_rotationtime=86400

# Full path to the workers.properties file worker_file=C:\YB\Shared\dev.com\ajpconfig\workers.properties

# Full path to the uriworkermap.properties file worker_mount_file=C:\YB\Shared\dev.com\ajpconfig\uriworkermap.properties

# Rewrite

rewrite_rule_file=C:\YB\Shared\dev.com\ajpconfig\\rewrite.properties

#

#uri_select=proxy

The performance so far of the connector seems to be rather bad, I am presuming it something
I have setup, cause 200 connections shouldn't be that hard to handle.

I am going to turn logging down to warn and see what happens.

But I was wondering if the list has an help/suggestions for me.

I have noticed during this testing that when the connector crashes and it seems to do that
quite regularly I have to stop and restart all of IIS not just the virtual site I attached
the connector to.

Thanks

Alex