tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Why am I Getting org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm getPassword SEVERE: Exception performing authentication?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:10:37 GMT
> From: shmoldie@gmail.com [mailto:shmoldie@gmail.com]
> On Behalf Of Jonathan Rosenberg
> Subject: Re: Why am I Getting org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm
> getPassword SEVERE: Exception performing authentication?

> there is no effective web.xml output in any of the log files.

So what are your logging levels set to?  The logEffectiveWebXml tag should be logging at INFO,
so you're going to need at least that set in your conf/logging.properties file, assuming you
haven't switched to log4j.

Might want to post your conf/context.xml for us, just to see if there might be a typo in it.

 - Chuck