tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Renne <j...@gniffelnieuws.net>
Subject Re: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:54:37 GMT
I've done this before but always used the apache in front of tomcat to serve the logfiles.

If you're sure you want to let tomcat do the fileserving, I'ld suggest making a symlink in
one of the application folders to the logsdirectory. That should do the trick.

John

On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:53 PM, Lev A KARATUN wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm administering an application running on Tomcat 6.0.0.29. OS is AIX
> 5.3.
>
> I'm trying to write a simple jsp to make some superusers able to download
> tomcat logs via browser after entering a password. (In my organization
> it's not permitted to give anyone the "manager" role)
> I've already managed to get a list log-files' names (just copied someone's
> part of code and made some adjustments), but when I'm trying to make
> download links, I don't know how can I specify the path to
> /$CATALINA_BASE/logs via my web-browser. As far as I can see, I can reach
> only folders like /$CATALINA_BASE/webapps/myapp upon entering the link
> http://myhost:port/myapp.
>
> So, the question is - how can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Karatun Lev

> This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately either by telephone or by e-mail and delete this message and any attachment from
your system. Correspondence via e-mail is for information purposes only. ZAO Raiffeisenbank
neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements by e-mail unless otherwise agreed.