tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Free Memory vs. Total Memory vs. Max Memory
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:35:09 GMT
Robinson, Eric wrote:
>> Note that you are talking of "memory pool", which is a bit
>> vague.  The -Xms and -Xmx parameters relate to how big the
>> Heap is, which is only one part of the memory space needed by the JVM.
>>

> I am just using the terms that I see on the screen when I pull up
> tomcat6w.exe.

You're right.
Mmm, that looks a bit unfortunate as a label in that tomcat6w dialog.
In the Windows Registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\Tomcat6\Parameters\Java
at least they are named "JvmMs" and "JvmMx".

On the other hand, this is the first time that you mention that you are running this on
Windows, so I don't feel too bad.
;-)