tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk doesn't map to software-generated web address, but maps to this address when I enter it into browser
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:34:33 GMT
Sorry, a bit more readable, still in-line.

(my email program seems to do funny things with your text).

modjklist@comcast.net wrote:
> Hello. I'm trying to setup Adobe's Flexbuilder 4.6 software to access mydomain.com/mywebapp
using port 80 on Apache Webserver 2.2.21 and connect using mod_jk 1.2.32 on a remote Linux
CentOS 6.2 server. I'm puzzled by the mod_jk.log file, which I've included a snippet below
and attached as a text file. I also attached an image of Adobe Flexbuilder's wizard.

> As you can see from the image, this wizard has a button called "Validate Configuration"
that attempts to connect to the remote server provided in the input field labeled "Root URL".
If I enter the following into this Root URL field

> http://mydomain.com:8080/mywebapp
>

> the Adobe Flashbuilder software states that a connection was successfully made to the
server. However, if I enter the following instead:

> http://mydomain.com/mywebapp
>

> the Adobe Flashbuilder software states that it cannot connect to the server.
>

> When I review the mod_jk.log file (attached as a file and also shown below), I see Adobe's
request in the 2nd line (see red font ), where the mod_jk.log entry reports a missing uri
map for host3.mydomain.com:/jitterapp/flex_wizard_...

> Later in this log snippet, as identified in green font , you'll see an entry for attempting
to map URI ' /jitterapp/flex_wizard_... This entry was created when I opened a web browser
and pointed it to the address Adobe was trying to access, which I obtained from the log file,
that is, http://mydomain.com/mywebapp/flex_wizard_project_test_script_server_550713325917236076.htm.
In this case, a match was found with JkMount and a worker assigned, and so mod_jk seems to
be working.

> My question is, why does mod_jk work when I manually enter the web address Adobe is trying
to access but not work when Adobe accesses it? Can you see anything in the log file that would
indicate the address I entered is different than the address Adobe is using, that could explain
this? I really need this working, so any help MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance.

> For reference, the httpd.conf file includes the following (the ... indicates non-relevant
code I removed for simplicity):

> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
>
> JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
> JkLogFile /etc/httpd/logs/mod_jk.log
> JkLogLevel debug
> JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] " JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat
-ForwardDirectories
> JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
> Listen 0.0.0.0:80
> User nobody
> Group nobody
> ExtendedStatus On
> ServerAdmin webmaster@webxyz.net
> ServerName host3.mydomain.com
> LogLevel warn
> Timeout 300
> ServerSignature On
> UserDir public_html
>
> <Location /whm-server-status>
> SetHandler server-status
> Order deny,allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from 127.0.0.1
> </Location>
>
> <Location /server-status>
>
> SetHandler server-status
> Order deny,allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from xx.xx.xxx.0/24
> </Location>
>

> <Location /server-info>
> SetHandler server-info
> Order deny,allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from xx.xx.xxx.0/24
> </Location>
>
> NameVirtualHost 67.227.243.196:80
> NameVirtualHost *
> <VirtualHost xx.xxx.xxx.196:80>
> ServerName mydomain.com
> ServerAlias www.mydomain.com host3.mydomain.com
> DocumentRoot /home/gkk/public_html
> ServerAdmin webmaster@mydomain.com
> UseCanonicalName Off
> JkMountCopy On
> JkMount /mydomain/* worker1
> JkMount /mydomain worker1

So you are mapping "/mydomain/*" to Tomcat (to mod_jk actually)

> </VirtualHost>
>

> ------------mod_jk.log file snippet----------
>

> [Thu Feb 16 06:46:37 2012] [13722:140020322740160] [debug] jk_handler::mod_jk.c (2662):
Service finished with status=404 for worker=worker1

> [Thu Feb 16 06:47:35 2012] [13723:140020322740160] [debug] jk_translate::mod_jk.c (3488):
missing uri map for host3.mydomain.com:/mywebapp/flex_wizard_project_test_script_server_550713325917236076.htm

.. and trying a URI "/mywebapp"  ???

Or was this just editing of your config/posting ?