tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: OT: Petition to the White house to expand the use of FreeSoftware
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:53:37 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:
> On 2/14/12 6:56 AM, Bartolomeo Nicolotti wrote:
>> Petition to the White House to Lower the national debt by expanding
>> the government's use of Free Software such as GNU/Linux and
>> LibreOffice.
> Should
> have said on an Apache list :)
> Stallman as a government adviser? :)
I think it would all be a bad idea. If the US govn'ment really starts using free software,

then sooner or later Microsoft and Oracle etc are going to be in difficulties; they will
have to outsource more jobs to foreign countries (thus raising US unemployment and harming

the balance of payments); and then they will have to be financially rescued anyway (thus
raising the national debt again).
In addition, we'd have to support thousands of additional first-time Tomcat users on this

list, and we just don't have the manpower.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message