tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Problems with LDAP authentication
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:39:44 GMT
Lev A KARATUN wrote:
> Good morning everyone!
>
> Well, I've got no idea what happened (providing nobody is configuring
> tomcat except me), but I've just opened catalina.out and have seen that
> the error message changed to
> "Exception opening directory server connection:  javax
> .naming.CommunicationException: raiffeisen.ru:389 [Root exception is
> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out]"
>
> so Tomcat is at least trying to connect to the proper host now.

Lev, I don't think that you can be sure of that yet.
I cannot comment on your Realm configuration (because I don't know how it works), but to
me the kind of problem you are having makes me suspect that something is wrong in your
network setup.
The "connect timed out" for example suggest that Java/Tomcat may be connecting to a host
that has port 389 open, and maybe the connect itself is working, but the response to the
connect (a packet from that host "raiffeisen.ru") never comes back to your Tomcat host.

Perhaps the LDAP host "raiffeisen.ru" is in a different network segment than your Tomcat
host, and Tomcat can send packets to "raiffeisen.ru", but "raiffeisen.ru" cannot send
packets back to the Tomcat host ? (some firewall or router in-between ?)

Can you run a command-line session on the host "raiffeisen.ru", and check if from there
you can at least ping your Tomcat host ?
Or use a traceroute (tracert under Windows) from your Tomcat host to the "raiffeisen.ru"
host (and look at the IP's) ?